Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Stirrings: Salsa Chicken

DeeDee is hosting Saturday Stirrings with friends. I have to say, there are some divine recipes over there. I can't wait to try some of them. Especially the ones with chocolate ingredients.

Salsa Chicken

1 chicken breast, $1
2 cups salsa (we usually use Pace mild), $1.50
1 T brown sugar, $.10
1 T dijon mustard, $.25
3 cups or so of cooked rice, $1

Total approximate cost: $3.85

Cut the chicken breast into very small pieces. Cook it through in a frying pan. If you don't have a non-stick pan you will need to spray with cooking spray first. After chicken is cooked through, add the salsa, brown sugar, and dijon mustard. Mix it all up and heat through. Serve over hot rice.

My kids will all eat this, it's incredibly quick and easy to make, and it is free of most allergens, which is a plus for many families. I think we may have gotten the recipe from a Pace salsa jar years ago. This makes enough for 4 people or so.

3 comments:

Fiddledeedee said...

Oh good grief, that sounds good! And easy!! I'll be trying this.

Carol said...

Yay! I have all the ingredients for this - always a plus when I don't have to go to the grocery store. This will be what's for dinner.
~Carol
www.ithrowlikeagirl.com

Burger Mom said...

I hope you all like it!