Sunday, February 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #2 (dinner only)

Once again, I'm posting our weekly dinner menu for Menu Plan Monday. Head on over there to see lots of yummy menu plans!

Monday - Fajitas (tortillias $1, beef or chicken $2, soy sauce, $.25, 2 peppers $2, 1 onion $1, cheese $1, sour cream $1), $8.25 (not the most frugal but one of our favorites)
Tuesday - Burgers (buns $1, ground beef $2 -we happened to pick up a box of Mickey Mouse hamburger patties for $1.99 so we will use those-, lettuce $1, condiments $.50, canned fruit $1), $6.50
Wednesday - Olive and Corn Casserole $5, Salad $2, $7
Thursday - Cheese shell pasta (boxed) $2, Steamed Broccoli $2, $4
Friday - The Recipe Which Has No Name $4.75, Green Beans $1, $5.50
Saturday - Homemade bread $1, Tuscan White Bean Soup $2, $3
Sunday - Creamed Corn $.75, Steamed Broccoli $2, Finger Steaks $4, $6.75

Total Cost: $41.25 or less! That's right around $8.25 per person for dinners for the entire week.

Keep in mind there are 5 of us, and I am trying to price these at regular store brand price. Nearly all of the above we purchased at sale price so it was much less. For example, broccoli was on sale for $1 per pound, so we are eating it twice this week. And the peppers, I never buy them unless they are $1 each or less and around here you can commonly find them at that price so that's what I used for pricing.

4 comments:

Wifey said...

What a neat idea to figure out how much your meals cost! You've got a yummy-looking menu.

Heart of Wisdom said...

I've never seen a plan with cost. Neat idea!



I have two posts this week.

1. My regular Menu Plan Monday at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome

2. An article about menu planning, online helps, and this meme on my homeschool blog
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

See you there :)

majellamom said...

Looks like a great menu. I like the idea of figuring out the costs...I may have to try that sometime soon!

The Proverbs Wife said...

Your menu sounds great. You have alot of variety and it's all very thrifty. I have a few thrifty menu tricks of my own. Visit http://proverbswife.blogspot.com Have a great week.