Thursday, February 28, 2008

Experimental Thrifty Dinner Menu Plan

This menu plan uses recipes in which my family has not yet tried. After we try them, I'll add an update so you all can rest at night knowing which ones passed the 3 children and dh test of approval. I'll also post the recipes that pass the approval. I can't post them now or I'd be going against my rule of only posting recipes that have already passed the test. So, stay tuned y'all!

I'm not going to map out days, just list 7 dinners and will choose days as the week progresses.

1. Tuna "casserole", Applesauce
2. Butter beans, Hoe Cakes, Canned Fruit
3. Carrot Raisin Salad, Chicken Tetrazzini
4. Peas, Instant Mashed Potatoes, Hamburger Gravy
5. Impossible Broccoli and Cheddar Pie, Corn
6. Garlic Bread Sticks, Meat Loaf, Coleslaw
7. Corn Fritters, Salmon Patties, Creamed Peas

Also note, prices will be added to this menu after I go shopping tomorrow. It's all about accuracy. Prices have really gone up, so I want to make sure what I write is at least close to accurate.

Please cross your fingers with me that my family will love these meals - or at least eat them.

Check out more menu plans over at Menu Plan Monday!

4 comments:

justkc said...

Good luck with your budget!

Nancy said...

I'll be checking back for the update on your shopping and family's approval. I think corn fritters sound yummy!

Katie Gregg said...

Your menu sounds really delicious and frugal. I love corn fritters.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...but I'm sure your family will love what you make!

Jennifer said...

Looking forward to seeing your update!