Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Recipe Which Has No Name

I got this recipe from Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer. Here is the recipe, in her words, and linked to her post.

The Recipe Which Has No Name

1 lb cooked ground beef
1 can Rotel1 Rotel
can-full of rice
2 Rotel cans full of water
1 beef bouillon cube
Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes. Slop it on a plate. Sprinkle cheese on it, if you want.
(You should know that "sprinkle cheese on it" is the proper Southern cook's mantra. That, or, " stir in some Miracle Whip" or "add cream of mushroom soup").


You should really consider stopping in on Wednesdays when Shannon hosts Works for Me Wednesday. It's lovely. And it can take hours to wade through all the fun links, but what a great way to spend your Wednesday. What with all the works-for-me tips you will glean, you can use the excuse that it will save you hours of time in the long run.

Anyway, here's my price breakdown of this recipe.

Ground beef, $2
Rice, $1
Rotel, $1.50 (really, I've only bought this a couple of times so I'm totally guessing on the price here, I usually use the large can)
Boullion, $.25

Total cost: $4.75

No comments: