Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Stirrings: Healthy Banana Muffins

Read more great recipes for Saturday Stirrings over at It Coulda' Been Worse. Personally, after only looking for a minute, want to try the 3 Minute Slow Cooker Pot Roast and the Apple Dumplings. This week, I have for you, Healthy Banana Muffins.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup mashed banana (I usually just use 2 bananas from the freezer - I freeze them for this purpose when they start getting too ripe), $.50
1/3 cup brown sugar, $.25
2/3 cup orange or apple juice, $.25
1/3 cup oil, $.50
2 cups whole wheat flour, $.50
1 teaspoon baking powder, $.25
1 teaspoon salt, $.10

Total Cost: 2.35

Heat overn to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin (or use paper liners). Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately. Next, mix them together, but do not over stir. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Bake about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

Note: I usually double this recipe. The muffins can be frozen if they are not going to be eaten within a day or 2.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for commenting on my site! These look great! Can you use the same recipe to make bread? I have never made banana bread, but love it!

Fiddledeedee said...

Hi Burger Mom!

Great recipe! And thanks for participating in the "Saturday Stirrings" recipe carnival at my site. Would you do me a favor, though, and if you are going to be joining us on Saturdays, link back to me when using my original title "Saturday Stirrings."

Thanks! And hopefully we'll see you next week.

Burger Mom said...

Oops, I added the link. Sorry, brain freeze.