Sunday, March 9, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (dinners only - with new recipe results!)

For the most part, last week's experimental menu went great. One night we weren't home, and another night dh made something that wasn't on the plan, so there are a couple of things I have moved to this weeks menu.

Here are the items most of us enjoyed from last week. Of course, I thought all the recipes below were to die for. I can't wait to make them again! My inspiration for nearly all of the recipes came from Hillbilly Housewife.

Butter beans
Chicken Tetrazzini
Carrot Raisin Salad
Hamburger Gravy

Quick Garlic Bread Sticks
Meatloaf
Creamed Peas

Other recipes that we tried were hoe cakes and corn fritters. These were good, but my kids weren't very fond of them so we probably won't make them again.

Here's this week's menu.

Monday - Leftovers, Rice-a-Roni
Tuesday - Orange Chicken and Rice, Broccoli, Birthday Cake (birthday dinner for ds)
Wednesday - Pizza (the frozen variety to eat after my son's birthday party)
Thursday - Hamburger Maccaroni Casserole, Coleslaw (moved from last week)
Friday - Impossible Broccoli Cheese Pie (moved from last week), Corn
Saturday - Tuna "casserole"(moved from last week), Fruit
Sunday - Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry (another experiment), Rice

Check out others' menus for the week over at Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

I love the HH site!

Your menu sounds great...thanks for sharing!

Sarah C said...

Looks like a yummy week ahead - I'm definitely trying your Orange Chicken and Rice recipe soon - oh, and I used to make carrot raisin salad as a kid all the time - I loved it!
Have a good week.

Nancy said...

Sounds like a week of good eats at your place. I'm going to try your hamburger gravy recipe; it's on my menu for this week. Stop by for a visit.